Monday, May 1, 2017

Christmas Tree shopping

Welcome to the May Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge. Yep, May.... can you believe it? This months challenge is all about the Tree. Most of us that is the centerpiece of Christmas or at least Christmas morning. Create anything from the tree itself, to greenry, the star on the top to the lights. Have fun with it. 


Last year I really wanted to go up into the mountains and chop down a tree for the first time. Time did not allow for us to do that but this year I plan to try again. My card didn't quite turn out how I pictured it but you get the idea. I wanted that first dusting of snow look and feel so I have sponged white ink on the die cut trees. Then the image (retired) is stamped on kraft cardstock and colored with Prisma colored pencils. I added hints of white to look like fresh dusting with a tiny tiny touch of sparkle.  Some faux stitching and voila!  Hope you can play along this month. Have a great day. 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

What a great challenge this month, Stacy, and I love this old-fashioned country scene. I remember the days of going out and getting a real Christmas tree...what fun. Beautifully done, and I love the sentiment! Hugs! xoxo

Davi said...

FAB card Stacy, I love the image you used! The coloring and dusting of snow is perfect! Hopefully you will get your tree this year :)

Leslie Miller said...

You've always done such a beautiful job with this set, Stacy. This one with the kraft and red and the die cut trees just might be my favorite yet. I love your first dusting of snow. Making note to self. Perfect kraft colored brads, too. Happy holidays ahead of time!