Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pretty Grate

Hello. I am getting a head start on my cards this year with these adorable Va Va Valentine's from Power Poppy. Aren't they just super cute? Now I bet you are wondering why my cheese hearts aren't yellow to match the cheese. Well.... I just couldn't color them yellow, and yes I know they should be. It just looked strange on paper I don't know why. Can I honestly tell you though, that the person who gets this card probably won't care what color they are. ha ha  


This was a pretty easy peasy card as I just added some piercing around the edges and to the gray panel behind the image circle. A few enamel dots for accents and some sparkle to finish it off. Easy Peasy like I said.  Hope you have a great day! 


3 comments:

Pauline said...

"Grate' card Stacy! I would of coloured the hearts red too! Nice to see paper piercing, I haven't done this technique in quite a while, it adds nice detail to your card. Fabulous!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you colored it! Cheese goes in yellow and comes out pink. Why not? Clever card layout, too. Sometimes the card design takes me longer than the coloring. I've had such fun with this set. More coming soon on my blog. Gee, wish I'd thought to dot the exclamation point with a rhinestone. Love that!

CherylQuilts said...

What a sweet and darling card, Stacy, and I LOVE the red hearts coming out of the grate. They should be!! Hehe! And what a sweet layout with the rhinestone for the exclamation mark!! Hugs!